YES! Ayurveda can be profound in supporting fertility, and even in helping with infertility. I have personally found and experienced the most powerful benefits from a combination of Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle, Western supplementation, and Chinese medical acupuncture support. These three modalities are wonderful to support, nourish and bring a sense of movement into your system. If you have been trying to conceive without luck for a while, consider taking a break for the next six months to cleanse, relax and nourish yourself using some of the ideas below.*Please know that this is not an exhaustive list, or one personalized to your situation, but instead a way to explore more, credible resources in your journey.
1) Check out our post on pre-conception (if you haven’t already). In that post we discuss the importance of eating fertility foods, taking appropriate wholefood supplementation, oil massage, limiting exposure to toxins, and RELAX.
2) I was just listening to a wonderful interview with Dr. Claudia Welch, in which she discusses her belief that almost all hormonal imbalances have stress as a root cause (check it out at the bottom of this post). Do what nourishes you, get active, take quiet time, and DO LESS (and have fun!).
3) Read “It Starts with the Egg” by Rebecca Fett, it provides a wonderful western perspective discussing the importance of nutrition and supplementation. We know that the lifestyle piece that she leaves out, can only better support her perspective.
4) Go get some acupuncture. If you haven’t already explored this option, and are looking for something deeper. Acupuncture, with a Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac) or Doctor of Oriental Medicine (DOM) is a wonderful compliment.
5) If none of those pieces address the problem there are many wonderful Western, Chinese, and Ayurvedic herbs you can explore with a qualified practitioner.
Feel free to get in touch and let us know how we can support you! Love and Many Blessings on your journey!